cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Confused_JoJo
Mentor

Combining my NOW sport membership with BT TV package

I am temporarily staying in the house that has BT TV entertainment package that includes NOW cinema and entertainment. I am a NOW sport subscriber and would like to log into NOW TV in this house and use my boost. However i can not find how to do it on the BT TV. Please can someone help?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Confused_JoJo 

If I’m not mistaken there should be an app on the YouView box?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Confused_JoJo
Mentor

Yes there is a NOW app on the TV, and entertainment and cinema are connected through BT. There is no option to log in to my NOW account

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Confused_JoJo 

In the app, you need to scroll all the way to the bottom until you see a row of options. One should be “account” in there you can log in using your account, you might need to log the existing account out though.

Confused_JoJo
Mentor

This is super helpful, thank you very much. The account option is at the very bottom, and I could not find it until now as too much scrolling and I gave up :). 
looks like you are right and I need to flip between 2 accounts. I wonder whether there is a way to avoid that

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Confused_JoJo 

Hate to say the only way to avoid flipping between accounts is to get rid of one and have all memberships in the single account. You could speak with BT to see if they can cut you a deal to match the NOW for sports. 

RoyB
Legend

@Confused_JoJo @gavs82008 

Trying to add your Sports to somebody else’s BT TV account, is fraught with difficulty: timing, duration, who pays, and so on. But this is as nothing compared to untangling it again at the end of the temporary period,

Does the TV where you are staying, or some other device there, or a device you have or can get hold of, like a Now Stick, Firestick, or Roku Express or Stick, have Now on it?

If so, log on to that device with your details so you can watch your Sports, and leave Now on the YouView box logged on to the BT TV Now services.

Then you need only flip between devices, the push of one or two buttons, instead of having to flip logins.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Confused_JoJo
Mentor

thank you very much!