cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charging me for free trials

Please note, I have been charged three times per month in the amount of £7.99, £9.99 and £11.99, since February 2018, for the free trials.

I have been trying to speak to someone online as I have been made aware that is the only form of communication for these complaints.

I tried talking to someone and she said that this is a broadband issue and immediately transferred me to someone on the broadband team. I explained the situation again, and they transferred me back to the TV team.

I tried chatting to Kunal, but the chat connection got lost, and I received an email from Kunal with a reference number. I then tried again with Darryl and he said, he needed all my details and to explain the situation again even though I gave the reference number.

I then called NowTv once more, and they said, it seems like I have been charged for the Passes, even though I cancelled them. He advised me to try Chat again. I have been trying after work but it says that is unavailable, so I called NowTv again, and they said the online Chat is very busy.

Finally, I managed to get through to someone called, Ameenullah, and after explaining the situation for the fifth time, they said, they can only offer me a refund of 2 months. I said, no. I asked for the details of whom I should complain to and that I would like to escalate this matter further. I was getting no response. After, I stated the following, I was offered a refund for four months.

I have just read your community page, and a customer has said:

So I cancelled my 14 day free trial but it didn't cancel . . .

I was persuaded to try out NowTV via the 14 day free trial. I decided it's not for me so I cancelled my subscription, or so I thought. I opted to cancel then it gave me some spiel trying to keep me as a member but I clicked cancel again. Didn't think anything of it until I realised I was being charged. Logged back on again and saw my subscription was still active, I went through the process again and double checked and it is still active. Then I went through it a third time and realise after the second time I've said I am cancelling there's yet another button, which is off the screen, that wants me to confirm my cancellation a third time.

Deliberately making it easy to miss that a third confirmation of my cancellation is required is unacceptable behaviour. It sinks and I'm considering informing trading standards about this as, at best, it's poor practice, it worst it's outright deceitful.

Whatever the reason I have learnt firsthand all I have been told about Sky. I will avoid this company no matter what in future.

Once again, I declined the four months offer and asked how I can contact the relevant team to make a complaint. The person would not provide me with these details and took so long that the connection had been dropped once again.

I called NowTV again and asked if they could at least provide me with an email address, and to which they gave: [email removed].

I have had nothing but problems with NowTv since I have joined. I have had to call on numerous occasions due to the poor WIFI. I have had to have a new Hub and even by an extender.

Please kindly provide me a refund of the full amount for what I have been unfairly charged for.

I have also seen on the Community Page that people have been complaining but do not receive a response, and some have managed to get refund.

I hope this issue is resolved.

0 REPLIES 0