cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Change Modem Position

Hi,

Is is possible to get an engineer from NowTV to change the position where to Modem is. The WiFi / Modem hub is in my bedroom under the window. 

Firstly, it means poor signal through most of the apartment, secondly it means my head is right next to the router as I sleep. 

Any idea how to change the position or if NowTV would send out an Engineer to do so?

3 REPLIES 3
allanc
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Usually requires a mastersocket relocation. Sky themselves charge £65 to relocate mastersocket to more convenient location. So give now a call

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can have the router as far away from the Master Socket as you can feasibly run a longer version of the cable from the Master Socket to the router.

There’s no rule, and no technical reason, that you have to stick with the standard issue one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB is correct you can use a longer DSL cable, just don't try using a telephone extension cable.

Edit: sorry tagged the wrong poster first time.