cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant access wifi in bedroom after contract renewal?

Hi Guys, 

Hope u can help? 

I recently renewed my contract and I agreed verbally over the phone on the basis everything was the same as my existing contract. 

I'm not sure if the guaranteed download speed has been dropped as I haven't moved my router and I cant connect to wifi in my bedroom now. I only have the basic broadband as no fibre in my area yet I get 5.6mgps download speed wired to my laptop and on my phone whilst near the router however when I test this in the bedroom its like 0.1 mgps I can sometimes connect on my smart tv but its hit and miss and I never had this issue previously. I only have my laptop connected while I'm working and 1 phone. 

Is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? I was hoping to speak to someone on live chat however its just a bot?

TIA - Ryan 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call using the number in my signature below. 

Could be bad luck with timing for a fault. Hopefully staff can sort it for you.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much I will give them a call on my break was hoping to just sort it live as I'm working 😞

Thanks again for the prompt reply 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Renewing a contract should not affect connection speed, however your speeds seem very low. When you say you are have basic broadband, do you mean ADSL?