cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot watch Now tv on Roku

Just installed Now Tv on my mobile phone however I am unable to watch on Roku. Roku does not recognise username or password on roku which works fine on my mobile.

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app on the Roku device?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Yes done that still no luck
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try putting your email address in for the username.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

Just tried and still saying there's an error with your username and password....and I know its correct lol...

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User do you have any special characters in your password eg #©% or $. If so, Roku devices have a habit of not recognising them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

No my password does not have special characters 

Thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot. 
1. Restart your router

2. Restart the Roku stick

Roku forums are reporting same issues with other apps. Their suggestion is to reboot the device before adding it again.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Can-t-Sign-into-Netflix/td-p/559902

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

Thank you. Just completed points 1 & 2 including rebooting the device and no luck.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say Roku, i am assuming it's a full blown Roku Player ?

Have you either changed your NOW password or forced a logout on all your NOW devices recently ?

If so, maybe have a read of this linked thread below if you get a similar error message when attempting to sign in on the NOW App.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Roku-Cannot-access-My-Account/m-p/567420 

Also maybe try the Community search box by typing something like Roku sign in or similar.