cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot Access Broadband Buddy

Hello to readers,

I have just set up my NowTV broadband with a Hub2 and am having issues accessing Broadband Buddy. Otherwise, I have no issues with WiFi or ethernet connection.

Upon going to the Broadband Buddy settings page (https://account.nowtv.com/broadband-buddy/settings/) I am greeted with the following message: 

Well, that didn't go to plan.
Please wait a moment and try again.

This occurs on my computer using two browsers (Chrome and Edge, both fully updated) and my phone. Currently parental controls are activated and I have no way of turning it off. As stated before, I have no issues otherwise with my NowTv account or internet access.

Thanks for any help, 
Sam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that number is under your NOW Broadband online account under the Broadband & Calls section then yes.

Though I always point forum members to the telephone number on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of people have reported this over the years.

Maybe try your browser in either a Private Window or incognito mode.

If using a VPN on your Computer and phone disable it.

I would also try accessing your NOW Broadband online account with your phone Mobile data if you have a mobile data plan just to see if you can make adjustments to your Broadband Buddy Settings.

Otherwise give the NOW Broadband Team a call after 8am tomorrow morning (have you got their phone number to call them ?).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Schnapps, 

I have tried your suggestions and unfortunately have had no success. I have no VPN software and have tried via phone and incognito windows. 

I will call NOWTV support tomorrow at 8am. The number I have to call is 0330 332 3050, please let me know if this is the incorrect number for UK residents.

Best Regards, 
Sam

AlexG

Incognito worked for me. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that number is under your NOW Broadband online account under the Broadband & Calls section then yes.

Though I always point forum members to the telephone number on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be on the safe side use the free phone telephone number on the link I posted.

The NOW Broadband helpline is open between 8am to 8pm 7 days a week.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That telephone number you also quoted should also to get you through to NOW where I found this screenshot below from the NOW Twitter Help Team.

If it was me I would use the freephone number on the link I posted which should get you through to the NOW Broadband Team.

If you get an automative response and nothing is relevant to your particular case (just select something related to Broadband rather than phone issues).

Hopefully the NOW Broadband Team will get it sorted (even if they have to change the Broadband Buddy Settings age rating their end on your behalf which they have done in the past reading old threads on the forum).

youdoodle-2020-07-15T19-24-46Z.jpg