cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch anything

It started playing up this morning: no matter which section I tried to play something from (TV Guide, Currently Watching, Watchlist...) it would begin to load for a few seconds, but then a red banner would appear at the top of the screen saying 'sorry, something went wrong'. 

It was working fine as I watched a film last night.

I don't understand why it won't let me watch anything?!

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback device are you using ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tv (not a smartTV)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you got a NowTV Box or a NowTV Stick or a Games Console or a Youview Box connected up to your non smart television ?

If so what is connected to the television so somebody can offer some advice on what to try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NowTV Stick connected to the TV

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for the info.

See if following step 1 on this linked guide below helps, if not jump to step 6 and update the software even if you are on the same software number.

When you open the linked article click on the green arrow to expand the information on the screen page.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

If steps 1 or 6 doesn't work, then i would try switching the power off to your Router for about 30 minutes to see if it clears the fault.

Last resort would be to try a full factory reset on the stick which you can do by either going into the stick menu settings under Advanced System Settings or hold the small reset button on the stick for about 15 to 20 seconds (accessing the stick menu settings would be the best option if you can use your remote). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help! I will try this now 🙂