cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t sign up for broadband

Hello,

I would like to get a new contract for regular broadband with NOW Broadband in the flat I will be moving to. I chose the plan I liked and before the payment page I saw a message saying that no engineers are available to set it up, so I cannot order it. 

Is there a way to set it up myself? I have done it in the past. Why does an engineer have to do it?

If an engineer absolutely has to do the set up, when do you expect to have one available?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is the information in the screenshot below what NowTV are telling potential new Broadband customers taken from their website.

Screenshot_2020-04-06-20-44-01.png

If according to their post code data base they are seeing a red flag of some sort that doesn't involve a "self install" and some aspect of work is classed has internal works either inside your apartment or inside the apartment flats building.

Then it looks like they won't be accepting any orders in this particular category due to BT Openreach distancing policy.

@Anonymous User  i believe works for the NowTV Team who has been popping onto the forum occasionally in the last week or so will hopefully give you more clarification and some sort of further assistance what can and can't be done for new Broadband sign ups.

Sorry i couldn't help any further (goodluck).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User 

NowTV are not taking orders if there is any chance that the BT Openreach Engineer needs to access inside your property or if you are living in a set of flats inside the actual building itself.

I am assuming when you entered your postal address and post code the NowTV system which i am guessing is a common data base supplied by BT Openreach is flagging up an installation which is not external or straight forward.

Since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic BT Openreach policy is not to undertake home visits unless extreme cases.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps ,

Thank you for the detailed answer. Do you know why some broadband providers allow self installations (e.g. BT), while others don’t? I was hoping to get in touch with someone from Customer Services from NOW Broadband to ask if I could install this myself when they send me the router, but I can’t see an option to contact a person. I can only speak to a chatbot who isn’t helpful in my case. 

Thanks!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is the information in the screenshot below what NowTV are telling potential new Broadband customers taken from their website.

Screenshot_2020-04-06-20-44-01.png

If according to their post code data base they are seeing a red flag of some sort that doesn't involve a "self install" and some aspect of work is classed has internal works either inside your apartment or inside the apartment flats building.

Then it looks like they won't be accepting any orders in this particular category due to BT Openreach distancing policy.

@Anonymous User  i believe works for the NowTV Team who has been popping onto the forum occasionally in the last week or so will hopefully give you more clarification and some sort of further assistance what can and can't be done for new Broadband sign ups.

Sorry i couldn't help any further (goodluck).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thank you very much for your time and helping me with such a thorough response! Wish you a nice day and rest of the week 🙂