cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t receive incoming calls from landlines

Can’t reach my 85 year old mother  her NOW TV home phone Service by using a landline (various relatives With different service providers have tried) you just get a dead line tone , however you can get through if you call on a mobile phone , she can make outgoing phone calls and the broadband is fine. Frustrated in trying to find a solution or make contact via NOW TV website Have turned to community site in desperation - she is expecting calls from kitchen fitters, hospital, doctors surgery but if they call from landlines they will get dead tone - she has been with NOW TV for 8 months , problem has started recently -HELP ! Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it was a service issue 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not resolved here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes it was something their end that was causing the fault.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just seen a Tweet from Sky, saying there is still problems where they mentioned Newport and the South Wales area.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm between Southampton and Bournemouth. I suppose I'll just have to wait for it to be fixed.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to let them know there is a problem

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Read my posts on the first page of this thread on ways to get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I managed to get in touch and they're sending an engineer but not until Wednesday

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I tried eight times to talk to someone in the end gave up and just left a message.
In fairness they did contact me via messaging the next day. Someone else at that time managed to talk to a person and said to them, check out the community page, as lots of us were having trouble.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Openreach engineer has just been and my old number has not been ported over. I now have a new number. It seems there was an issue when applying online to transfer over to NowTV and they weren't aware that I needed to keep the old number. It is apparently too late now to get my old number back and I have to go through the process of letting all of my contacts, bank etc. know my new number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
A friend had a similar thing happen, he wouldn’t let it go as he had filled all the necessary forms in correctly on line, took awhile but he got his number back.