cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t receive incoming calls from landlines

Can’t reach my 85 year old mother  her NOW TV home phone Service by using a landline (various relatives With different service providers have tried) you just get a dead line tone , however you can get through if you call on a mobile phone , she can make outgoing phone calls and the broadband is fine. Frustrated in trying to find a solution or make contact via NOW TV website Have turned to community site in desperation - she is expecting calls from kitchen fitters, hospital, doctors surgery but if they call from landlines they will get dead tone - she has been with NOW TV for 8 months , problem has started recently -HELP ! Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like NowTV have identified an issue according to this message that has just popped up on the Help Centre service banner.

Screenshot_2020-07-23-13-05-21.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, think I’ll leave it overnight and see if it’s working tomorrow Might save be a journey. I did tell the customer service guy I spoke to to look on the Community page as several people seemed to have the same problem - perhaps they listened !

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for letting us know, very kind of you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I tried that number, followed instructions and couldn’t talk to no one as no one was available.
You was in park lucky as you did get to talk to someone, even tho they wasn’t helpful.
Glad I only have two months left in this contract, then I am out of here.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for posting your issue on the forum.

I'm having the same issue, which I didn't realise was happening until today when I bumped into a friend and they mentioned they couldn't get through on the landline. It seems the issue started sometime yesterday from what I have heard from family members trying to call the landline.

Not dependent if the originating call is from a landline or mobile.... It seems some calls can get through and others can't at all.

Obviously something wrong with the nowtv call routing service somewhere.

Have to say service for the last year has been perfect but trying to find a way to contact customer support seems futile. Thought it best to post here in the hope Customer/Technical support read here.

Am based in Ealing, London

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree with you regarding the service it’s been good overall, they let themselves down when trying to talk to someone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My landline is working again tonight, long may it last !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All now working OK, didn’t need a second round trip journey, thanks all for your support and input 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
All good then, mine came back on last night.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. I get a message saying the number is not receiving incoming calls. Please try again later. Can't call in from my mobile either.

Is this a service issue with NowTV?