cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t receive incoming calls from landlines

Can’t reach my 85 year old mother  her NOW TV home phone Service by using a landline (various relatives With different service providers have tried) you just get a dead line tone , however you can get through if you call on a mobile phone , she can make outgoing phone calls and the broadband is fine. Frustrated in trying to find a solution or make contact via NOW TV website Have turned to community site in desperation - she is expecting calls from kitchen fitters, hospital, doctors surgery but if they call from landlines they will get dead tone - she has been with NOW TV for 8 months , problem has started recently -HELP ! Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BC19, I am having the same issues, landlines can’t phone in, and some mobiles either, just says number not recognisable.

internet in fine and can phone out.

trying to report this to a person is madness on here.

line check says all is well, not !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have just driven 20 minutes to my Mums disconnected everything from the master socket and have plugged in a standard phone And got my wife to phone here on our BT landline all that happens is a dead tone , called again on my mobile and it rings , NOWTV website says No faults with line - ! absolutely terrible that you cannot contact NOWTV thought they would have had special procedures for elderly and vulnerable people - what do we do now ? Hopefully someone from NOWTV monitors this site !
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

If you log into the Community Forum on here, with your NowTV Broadband account login details a telephone number should appear in green on the right hand side of your screen when you open up this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tried that, the phone fault option isn’t listed, according to the on line phone line checker my phone line is running normal. Tell that to the people who can’t phone me from their landlines, all they get is number the recognise.
Thank you for taking the time to share the link and your time.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have the same issues ,It’s terrible customer service, I’ve spent three hours trolling the net to find other ways of trying to talk to someone there with still no joy.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem based in Lowestoft.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am based in Hullbridge Essex
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Various communication methods in this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses . Have now arrived home and have called now TV on 03300412480 Selected Broadband Technical issues (select the you are at home option  or you’ll get cut off  ) I explained the situation, I also explained that my mother was not there, she had gone to the doctors because she had missed an appointment because the surgery couldn’t get through to her on the phone ! 
I offered the account number and phone number but was told they needed to speak to my mother to access the account, I Told them I had already been to her house unplugged everything and tested the line and had also tested the line via the website . I asked if they could just call her number and they would see what the fault was No they had to speak to her - so I am now going to have to do another 20 mile round trip later today call NOWTV let them ask my mother if it’s really her then she will pass the phone to me to sort it - FRUSTRATING ! - thinking about it I might let my mother call them and they can then explain to her how she should move the furniture, unplug the modem and whatever other tests they want to do and maybe they can then call the emergency services if she injures herself !  Sorry for the rant just needed to get it out of my system as NOWTV aren’t listening.