cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can i use our sky router with our now TV connection

Hi all,

We changed over to NOW tv broadband a few months from sky broadband but have found the connection is slower

im not expecting it to be lighting quick as thats not the connection we are meant to have but i was wondering if we could use our sky router?

If thats nmot an option does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Kind regards Mark

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The nowtv hub routers are clones of the Sky routers so it should be a straight swap and once swapped back to the Sky router use the SSID and password on the Sky router for your wifi connected devices.

If you are using the NowTV Hub 2 router the flat version (not the up right version with the smiley internet light on the front) then i would expect the Hub 2 to have a decent wifi performance on par with the newest Sky Q hub routers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi,

Thank you for your reply and something that should be pointed out is that the sky router isnt a sky q router.

Ive looked at our now TV router and there's no smiley face on the front so would that indicate its a NOW TV hub 2?

Kind regards Mark

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds like then you have the newer NowTV Hub 2 which is comparable with the new Sky Q Hub router and i would have thought it would have a better wifi performance than your old Sky router.

Have you tried a full blown reset on the NowTV Hub by pressing & holding the reset button on the back for about 10 secs ?

When you do a Technical Check under My Account on here are the down & up speeds similar to what you was getting when with Sky ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/choose-your-hub

Obviously try your old Sky router to see if you notice any internet speed increase over the NowTV Hub, where i would have thought the only difference will be the wifi performance and coverage only when comparing both routers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok i will try all of that and get back to you if needed

Thanks again for your help

Marl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just changed the sky router to the now tv 2 router and the pages aren’t loading on my lap top and what’s app is constantly connecting, then it’ll connect for a while and then lose signal strength again. How do you get hold of anyone at now tv? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had issues with the new ADSL NowTv router, poor WiFi and only 2 x Ethernet sockets so tried our old ADSL Sky router with the smiley face and it worked first time without any adjustments. Now have strong WiFi and 4 x Ethernet sockets. As my devices had already been used with this router they all signed in automatically. Result.