cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use my Talktalk Wi-fi Hub with Now broadband?

My Talktalk Wi-Fi Hub had a much stronger signal than the Now 2 router. How can I configure it to work with Now broadband?

6 REPLIES 6
chilli2
Elite

Yes and no, as far as i know it wornt work with Nows (sky's) log in systemhowever if you can configure it as a wifi access point you may be able to hook it up via ethernet to the now modem/router. a better solution would be to source your own router - as long as its compatible with Sky/Now's option 61/MER log in method

flavione
Scholar

I can't test myself but I read about people who managed to use their TalkTalk router, and I mean the latest model (black made by Huawei or Sagem).

Obviously it will only work on IPv4.

Jayach
Elite 3

I'd read on here that someone was able to use their TalkTalk router on Now. (don't know what model)

No reason not to try it, but if it doesn't work immediately, leave if on for a while (maybe overnight, whilst you aren't using it) as sometimes it can take time to recognise the change.

Edit: I would suggest factory resetting it first.

C-J
Advocate

Yes, just connect a network lead from your now tv box into the LAN socket on your talk talk router and wait for the talk talk router to display a blue light. Worked!

chilli2
Elite

@C-JHowever as you can not use the NowHub2 in modem only mode you will have all the issues associated with double-NAT

You will also need to reconfigure the DHCP settings on the Talk Talk router - if thats possible  as well .

Solution, either find a modem that will work with Now ( and Skys) log in system (MER/option61) and then hook that up to a router/wifi access point

Or get an all in one device (communally referred to as just a router)  that can connect to Sky/Nows system

Jayach
Elite 3

I think @C-J is suggesting using the TT router as an access point (by connecting Lan to Lan) so no NAT problems as the Now router will be doing the DHCP.

Just make sure all router functions (such as DHCP) in the TT router are disabled.

Google "use old router as access point" for more info.