cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I replace Hub1 with a Hub2?

I've been a NowTV customer for a quite a while now and just found out there's a new Hub/Router for broadband.

Is it possible to get one of these new hubs?

I'd like the option of 5ghz wifi and the stability the new hub seems to offer. Or am I stuck with an old router indefinitely.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

Swapping from the Hub 1 to the Hub 2 should be pretty straight forward.

Once you have plugged in the Hub 2 you will need to rescan all your WiFi devices and select the new SSID network name and enter the password on the label stuck underneath the bottom of the Hub 2 Router.

Job done.

I don't know if you use the Ethernet ports on the back of your Hub 1 router, but just bear in mind the Hub 2 only comes with two Ethernet ports.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give the NowTV Broadband Team a call to see if they will offer you an upgrade over the older Hub 1 router.

They may ask for a fee for supplying you with the Hub 2 or ask you to sign up for a further 12 months (maybe argue your case that you need the Hub 2 where there is no harm in asking).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thanks, I'll try and give them a call.

I just wondered if anyone had tried it that's all or if there was a technical hurdle, as a router change seems something of a rigmarole with nowtv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

Swapping from the Hub 1 to the Hub 2 should be pretty straight forward.

Once you have plugged in the Hub 2 you will need to rescan all your WiFi devices and select the new SSID network name and enter the password on the label stuck underneath the bottom of the Hub 2 Router.

Job done.

I don't know if you use the Ethernet ports on the back of your Hub 1 router, but just bear in mind the Hub 2 only comes with two Ethernet ports.

@schnapps @Anonymous User Or just change the SSID & password on the hub2 to be whatever it was on the hub1! Saves having to change wifi settings on every single device...