cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I overlap with virgin? Don’t have broadband with them only tv and phone

Hi. My mum wants to cancel her virgin tv and phone (she doesn’t have broadband)  and go with nowtv entertainment, phone and broadband.  However she wants to overlap them so she can get used to the nowtv before losing access to the programs she has on  the virgin box.   And she wants to keep her phone number.  Is this possible?  Thanks for any help. 

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Technically you can start watching NOW straight away, assuming she has a compatible device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

As for keeping the landline, yes I hear that it can be done.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband

If I were you, give the broadband team a call to find out the options for internet and phone.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband customers can get in touch anytime between 8am–11pm.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that. The concern is if she’s overlapping surely that would create a problem with her keeping the phone number?  It’s not a deal breaker I’m just trying to make it easier for her. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The main thing was to ensure she was used to the TV side of NOW?

Which can be started right now effectively, you can watch NOW the second you sign up and purchase a TV membership.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem is she does not currently have broadband at all so can’t have NOWtv yet. She’s used it at ours ok(ish) but I think she’s concerned about the amount of programs she has recorded on the virgin box she currently has. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best to way to work out is determine what shows are available to watch on demand via NOW. 
Most shows will indicate when they are expiring from on demand. 

If it’s not a Sky channel, like Alibi or W unfortunately these channels are not available to stream. 
Whereas anything from BBC, ITV, channel 4/5 will be on their respective catch up apps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks loads.  It will save her a bunch of money at the end of the day (virgin have become so expensive since) and also mean she doesn’t have to worry about ‘recording’ shows or worrying about them overlapping with another show. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Tell me about it, I had full blown Sky TV 6+ years ago and leaving for NOW was the best thing I’ve done.

The prices for Sky and Virgin TV is just ridiculous. 
What I prefer about NOW and streaming services is that you can cancel whenever you want. Also you could have the service for 1 month if you needed it as a one off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly! My mum is paying over £60 for basic tv and phone. That’s nuts.  I told her she can have movies for a month at Christmas if she wants with nowtv.  I think it’s great.  Would recommend it to anyone.