Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TommyBoy
Advocate

Can I add VIAPLAY Sports Channels to my NOW TV Platform Set-up

Hi There, 

I am a new customer to NOW TV.

Does anyone know if I can add VIAPLAY Sports Channels to my NOW TV Platform Set-up?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TommyBoy
Advocate

Hi, thanks for that , I used to have the VIAPLAY Sports channels in my Sports Channels when I had Sky Sports , I just paid VIAPLAY directly, and SKY was an acceptable TV platform for VIAPLAY.  I was hoping I could do the same with NOW TV because NOW is owned by SKY. If not possible, I think I can get VIAPLAY via PRIME TV , but need an Amazon Prime Membership then pay extra for the Full Viaplay.

Thanks for the info

TommyBoy  

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TommyBoy 

You can't, you need to download the app for it. Not even sure if ViaPlay is an app that is on the NOW branded devices if you have one. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TommyBoy
Advocate

Hi, thanks for that , I used to have the VIAPLAY Sports channels in my Sports Channels when I had Sky Sports , I just paid VIAPLAY directly, and SKY was an acceptable TV platform for VIAPLAY.  I was hoping I could do the same with NOW TV because NOW is owned by SKY. If not possible, I think I can get VIAPLAY via PRIME TV , but need an Amazon Prime Membership then pay extra for the Full Viaplay.

Thanks for the info

TommyBoy  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TommyBoy 

The thing with Sky is now they are a content aggregator. So will have deals in place to have the main sports channels like that on their EPG.

Whereas NOW is purely for the Sky channels themselves. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

Sky is an aggregator, and Now is an aggravator 😛 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

VIAPLAY Sports seems to be a standard streaming service, so as long as you pay the subscription, it should be available via any broadband service.

Stream live sports online - Stream sports online (viaplay.com)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like Premier Sports are buying (out / back) Viaplay sports in the UK according to this linked internet article below.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/premier-sports-buys-out-viaplay-uk/ 

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Jayach 

If what @schnapps posted doesn’t already make this academic, I think what Viaplay are offering for Sports is two-tier. The base tier is Total Sports, as below, but this doesn’t include the channels Viaplay Sports 1, 2 and Extra, additionally available on Sky, Virgin and Prime:-

IMG_1227.jpeg

It’s a shame if Viaplay will be leaving the UK, though, as we have been using it to watch Seaside Hotel, of which there are 9 seasons, and while Viaplay have it up to Season 8, far in advance of Walter Presents on All4, Season 9 still hasn’t dropped 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

Use the Viaplay app on a Fire Stick. No need to purchase it from Amazon.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

But does it give you access to Viaplay Sports 1, 2 and Extra without going via Prime?