cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brocks
Advocate

CCTV remote viewing

I switched to NowTV recently as a temporary fit for a house in build and all went well.  However I have issues with our CCTV DVR.  It is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable and with Plusnet the same setup worked a treat.  With NowTV i couldn't access the DVR.  I did some reading in here and found out that the port forwarding needed to be set.  

Ive done that and managed to get the CCTV visible on the app while i was at the site using my iPad.   This works both through the router WiFi and on a tplink set up as a remote access point.  However I cant connect when I leave the site.  I do receive cctv alerts through the app but I cannot access the footage remotely.

I am a basic tech person.  It appears to me that I have managed to get the CCTV working locally but not across the web.  Looking at the DVR network status, it reports a failure against IPv6 DHCP status.  (Not sure what that means yet but…).  That appears to be the sticking point as all other flags are good.  I cannot see anywhere to change the settings in the NowTV router menus.  It all looks like it should work.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Brocks 

There is an option to disable IPV6 on the NOW Router webpage Settings by selecting "Advanced" then "Lan IP Setup".

I don't use CCTV or have any experience with CCTV kit, so i am not sure if this is the cause or not, if disabling IPV6 doesn't help, then enable it again by going back into the same settings making sure you click the green Apply button both times once the changes have been made.

Brocks
Advocate

Thanks schnapps.  Unfortunately that has not worked.  I’ve checked my old plusnet router and it doesn’t use IPV6 so far as I can tell so the issue must be elsewhere.

chilli2
Elite

Could it be the old friend "broadband buddy" mucking things up again ?

In this very website, at the top you will see My Tv, My Account and Help , click on "My account" then look for "my Details and settings" on the drop down hit "settings and pins"  and somewhere you will see "Broadband Buddy"  turn that off then try again later