cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

CANT WATCH ANYTHING AS CRASHES AND RETURNS TO HOMESCREEN

I click to watch NowTv/netflix and it doesn’t go very far before the screen goes blue and returns to the homescreen - no matter how many times i click on it it won’t work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using the NowTV Box or Stick or are you using other playback devices with either NowTV Broadband or a different ISP ?

If you are using a different playback device rather than the NowTV Box or Stick, then post back what device / devices you are using ?

Have you tried going through these trouble shooting steps on the link below to see if that fixes the issue if using the NowTV Box or Stick ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using the NowTV Box or Stick or are you using other playback devices with either NowTV Broadband or a different ISP ?

If you are using a different playback device rather than the NowTV Box or Stick, then post back what device / devices you are using ?

Have you tried going through these trouble shooting steps on the link below to see if that fixes the issue if using the NowTV Box or Stick ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya, i’m using the now tv smart stick- held down the reset button but now i can’t even get it to come up on my tele. I select HDMI1 and nothing comes up even tho the light on my now tv stick is white 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like a HDMI handshake issue between the stick and your television if the screen is gone blank and nothing is showing.

What i would try first is power down both the stick and television at the mains outlet socket, then temporarily disconnect the stick from the HDMI port on your television, then plug the stick back into the television HDMI port, then power up both the television and stick and then select the HDMI input source number on your television remote controller.

If the television is still blank when on the correct HDMI source when using the stick, then perhaps try a full factory reset on the stick by holding the small reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds whilst both the stick and television is powered on.

Hopefully then you will see the Lets Get Started Message on your television screen and will have to setup the stick again from scratch.

If the television screen is still blank after that would you have another TV in your home just to temporarily test the stick out on ?

Otherwise take the Stick back to the Retailer you bought it from for either a refund or replacement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all the things listed and nothing has worked. I don’t have the receipt anymore as it’s been a month... how will i prove purchase. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hello it depends on what retailer you got the Stick from you would need to double check there return policy's