cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering

Buffering all the time, 2 Nowtv units Two TVs, Sony and a Samsung,  and one built in Tv, tried all permutations with the two units and two tvs including with and without HDMI leads. All buffer.getting expensive with another Formula I ruined. Fibre internet in the 130’s usually higher. Any suggestions please, gone through all the NowTv hints an tips

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Report directly with NOW via live chat. Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support with pictures and videos. See below picture for address.

AF5E0E8A-92B0-4BDE-8788-6C2685100B57.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

Fibre internet in the 130’s usually higher

What does that mean? Now don't do full fibre, and FTTC will never reach that speed. (unless it's GFast and I doubt Now do that either)

Have you tried a wired connection to any of the devices?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hadn’t even thought that Now did fibre, I have a full fibre broadband to my router, the speed is over 130. ,, the now device plugs into TV with no other connections, othe other now unit has a usb socket but neither have Ethernet connections

Jayach
Elite 3

If you have FTTP with Now which broadband do you have?

Jayach_0-1658683465603.png

Jayach
Elite 3

Oh, I think I realise now. You are not on Now broadband.

You have posted in the wrong part of the forum, this is the broadband forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My broadband is thro BT, i didn’t know Now supplied broadband. I often get 170/180 but 130 is more common, I should get 300 mbps

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had the Sky F1 channel on all day today with no buffering issues whatsoever on my Roku Stick Plus with only 36Mbps of wifi where the Stick is located in the back room of the house.

If using Ethernet is not practically possible, then try a different wifi channel on the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands on your BT Router.

When I was on BT Broadband I disabled smart setup on the BT Router (don't know if this feature is there or not on the newer BT Routers) and when using the NOW streaming TV service see if under the BT Router Settings if the file sharing box is ticked where this sometimes causes an error when using NOW TV.

A couple of forum members have also seen an improvement when watching NOW by using the Google Public DNS servers either on their Router or TV streaming device if either supports Public DNS servers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The fibre package was set up by the BT engineer, unfortunately I haven’t a
clue how to change the settings.
I expected the NowTv product to work with a standard domestic wi fi router.
The Amazon fire stick has worked ok from day one.
Jayach
Elite 3

Now haven't provided devices for Now TV for some time, have you used your units before?

Have you tried the Now app on your Firestick?

Jayach_0-1658693104584.png