cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering issues - tried HDMI to iphone but doesn't work

When I first had Now TV I registered online and purchased the Smart Stick. But I found the Stick did nothing and kept buffering. So I just log onto the Now TV App on my laptop or iphone to watch skysports. However, the iphone screen quality is perfect but if I connect an HDMI cable from TV to my laptop to watch on big screen or just watch on my laptop I am finding there are buffering issues. I went online and saw a special device iphone to HDMI because I thought if it's perfect on iphone when if I connect to tv should be the same. However, when the special device arrived it is not possible to use. You press the "trust" option and there is an error for watching Now TV. So I continue to watch on laptop or connect to TV but buffering does still occur. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV removed support of mobile devices connected over HDMI to say a larger television screen a few years back 😡.

With regards to your NowTV Stick how far was your Router away from the Stick and if you have more than one television in the home did you test the Stick on other televisions ?

If you Router was dual band, did you try both 2.4ghz & 5ghz ?

Did you try the NowTV Stick with the supplied power adapter or just used USB power off your television ?

Should the Stick be tucked behind a television close against to a wall sometimes a HDMI external flylead improved the wifi reception on the Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks your reply. However, as said, I am continuing without having a Stick because it did nothing and buffering issues. So I purely rely on the Now TV App only when accessing on laptop or I plug HDMI from laptop to TV if I want to watch on big screen. But there is still buffering.

My router is about 10m away from the TV itself which may be the issue. I have 1 of these plug to plug boosters so maybe it's not strong enough sometimes and buffering happens.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Whilst it might not be any consolation are you able to “borrow” an Amazon fire stick? 

Personally speaking I find it far more reliable than the Now TV stick.

At least then you’ll have the option for the Ethernet adapter for the Amazon stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The thing is I don't have the Now stick. I did buy it but could not play anything really slow so I literally rely on the Now APP on my laptop and either watch on laptop of HDMI it to big tv. But still there is buffering sometimes bad. The router is not in the same room as laptop/tv it's in hallway about 10m away. That shouldn't be too far or is it? Problem is it's the only area for router for phone socket connection

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The NOW stick and Amazon Fire stick are 2 completely separate devices. The latter has already proven to be more reliable in terms of a device and the app runs a lot better on the Amazon fire stick also. 

If I were to guess, its down to the poor Wi-fi connection on the NOW stick rather than your internet. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help