cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mags52
Advocate

Broadband

I want to sign up for Now Broadband but the website keeps telling me that only basic broadband is available. I currently have Fibre BB. Why might this not be available to me through Now?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mags52 

When you say fibre, are you referring to FTTP aka 100MB+ connection?

If so NOW doesn't offer this, they offer only FTTC. And FTTC is on the way out due to all FTTC connections being closed in favour of FTTP.
This is with OpenReach. So nothing to do with NOW I am afraid.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/09/openreach-stops-selling-new-uk-analogue-copper-phone-l...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
mags52
Advocate

It's the Fab Fibre package (up to 61mps) that is advertised on the Now website I want. I'm on the Sky version of that now but the contract is ending.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mags52 

Ah ok, that's the annoying thing with broadband companies and their advertising of 'fibre'. When I think fibre I think 100mb+ connections aka FTTP, despite FTTC and FTTP both saying Fibre to the, its the final part that is key and where the connection is massively different. 

As I said FTTC is heading out. So it's very possible that the cabinet your at is a stop sell for new FTTC connections. 

Would you not be able to phone Sky and play hardball to get the deal you want?

If you want to be with NOW, best call to see what's going on. It could be a glitch on the website.

Make sure to be signed in and use the 'How to get in touch' drop down for the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@mags52 wrote:
 I currently have Fibre BB. Why might this not be available to me through Now?

One possibility is the cabinet is full, but also, are you on digital voice (phone connects to router)?