cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband

I only have my CCTV connected to my Hub nothing else is running in the background but when i access my cctv remotely the picture keeps buffering, there is only 1 camera connected aswell so not dragging loads off the broadband, I’m guessing this is a speed issue but surely i should not be having this problem with only having the 1 thing connected ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you disconnect your router from the internet, but still leave it connecting your devices by WiFi, is your CCTV then OK, or does it still buffer, or doesn’t it work at all, or what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you disconnect your router from the internet, but still leave it connecting your devices by WiFi, is your CCTV then OK, or does it still buffer, or doesn’t it work at all, or what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I’m in the house it works perfect but when i access my cctv via my mobile whilst away from my property it buffers 

Jayach
Elite 3

What is your upload speed? When you use the camera remotely, it will be uploading.

Have you got a good download speed when you are away from the house? Many mobile connections are O.K. for browsing,  but struggle with streaming.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When doing a test thru Now it comes up as Download 19.3 mbps and upload is 1.3 mbps , i had sky before and never had a problem 

Jayach
Elite 3

Those speed are very low, especially the upload, almost ADSL territory. Do you know what speeds you had on Sky?

Do you still have the Sky router? If so you could try using that instead of the Now one.

I was thinking it could be the Wi-Fi, but that should affect local streaming too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking back on my results the upload speed for sky was anything from 8mbps to just over 20mbps so obviously the NOW upload speed is the problem 

Jayach
Elite 3

Give them a call on the number in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you