cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband

How will I know when to connect router after the broadband turns on? Will I get a message to say "plug in router now"?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Once you lose the Internet from your existing ISP then switch over and plug in your NOW Hub Router.

Wait for the three green lights to illuminate on the front of the NOW Hub and you are good to go.

Just be aware it could take a couple of hours after losing the Internet from previous ISP to actually go live and it could take up to midnight.

I have done three NOW Broadband switch overs and for me the longest took around about 8"pm.

If on Sky, plug in your NOW Hub Router straight away or if there is no previous Internet running at your home then again plug in and power up the NOW Router and just wait. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I had bt about a year ago and have been using data since as I didn't have a tv and tablet back then. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If that's the case just plug in the NOW Hub Router and wait for the three lights to permanently remain green on the front of the Router.

Once all three green lights are permanently on your Internet has gone live.

It still can take up to Midnight. 

Once you have gone live your online account under the Broadband & Calls > Orders & Appointments should also confirm the activation has been completed but this may take a couple of hours to update your account status.