cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband

I’m using an old router for reconnecting broadband but don’t have the old password will I get a new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you mean the WiFi password off the Router ?

If so are you using a Sky or NowTV Router and i am guessing there is no id label on the bottom of the Router if you flip over the Router ?

Would you still have the old Router box packing where i know the NowTV Routers should have a sticky label inside the box with the SSID and WiFi password that came shipped with the Router.

If you are already connected on the old Router wifi network, then type 192.168.0.1 in your internet URL Address bar which should hopefully open the webpage settings on your NowTV /Sky Router.

Then go to the wireless tab (if prompted use admin & nowtv or admin & sky) and there it should show the Router SSID name and towards the bottom of the page it should show the wifi password under the name Security Encryption.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you mean the WiFi password off the Router ?

If so are you using a Sky or NowTV Router and i am guessing there is no id label on the bottom of the Router if you flip over the Router ?

Would you still have the old Router box packing where i know the NowTV Routers should have a sticky label inside the box with the SSID and WiFi password that came shipped with the Router.

If you are already connected on the old Router wifi network, then type 192.168.0.1 in your internet URL Address bar which should hopefully open the webpage settings on your NowTV /Sky Router.

Then go to the wireless tab (if prompted use admin & nowtv or admin & sky) and there it should show the Router SSID name and towards the bottom of the page it should show the wifi password under the name Security Encryption.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Thanks for your answer, it’s a Nowtv Hub two I do have the box and it’s not there but it is under the router! 🙄
thanks you’ve helped a lot 🙂