cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband went live, then cancelled, now nothing

Hi, 

I am exahusted and wondered if anyone has had similar problems.  

I ordered NowTV broadband and phone in January to switch from BT with a go live date of the 7th Feb.  This was then moved to the 14th and actually happened on the 18th!  I had broadband and outgoing calls but no incoming calls.  On the 21st instead of fixing that, apparently Openreach  disconnected me as the order was 21 days old.  So there is now no phone nor broadband.

We put a new order on the 22nd but NowTV set up the wrong exchange so that was later rejected.  So we cancelled that on the 26th.  Hopeing for third time lucky we put in a fresh order on the 22nd.  Apparently today they now say that despite Tier 2 monitoring this Openreach have now cancelled the order and I have to wait 5 days to try again.  

Again apprently Tier 2 will be closely following this to get it all sorted but no-one will let me speak to Tier 2.  

Does openreach really cancel orders on a whim?

Why can't NowTV keep the same order live and just correct the data instead of putting me back to square 1 each time with no commentary.

I can't take any more.  

Please help...

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My situation is way way worse. Imagine this, I placed an order on may 5th with the activation date of the 19th of may. The Openreach tech reached out walked me through getting the broadband up and running and then on the 15th of June they cancelled my account of no where and they don’t know why . Further they didn’t believe me that It was ever live. They hung up on me 4 times and the customer service people have no interest in helping they only want me off the phone. They told me they don’t know what happened and there is nothing they can do.  We are in the middle of a pandemic and they know people have to work from home and they don’t care. I plan on making this story very public as I will make sure no has the experience I had. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh no, that sounds truly awful.  

I meant to update my post but it was so exhausting that when I finally had everything sorted it was a relief and I didn't want to tempt fate.  NowTV could have been much better if I had been able to get past the first line of call centre to the technical dept ?Tier 3? who could then tell me the problems.  The mention of Openreach still makes me angry.  In case it's any help for you, a quick summary.  I may get the odd few details wrong as I've tried to forget but in essence:

I finally got things working by giving up on NowTV and Openreach.  NowTV kept submitting new orders and they were cancelled at some point.  I was originally on a ridiculously expensive BT contract so phoned them.  They were able to get my old account back up and running.  One operator (probably on commission) said that I'd have to have a new account and a new phone number.  After hours speaking to other operators and complaining about that, they did get my old line (which was still 'active' on one system somewhere) and account going.  They could then 'miraculously' book openreach engineers within days.  Despite me knowing, by now, the exact route and junction box numbers etc. from our house to the local box, to the nearest exchange and then on to the final exchange the openreach engineers insisted on tracing it themselves each time wasting half days at a time.  We finally went live after that and I stuck to paying silly money to BT for a bit.  About 6 weeks later we got disconnected again when openreach were working on a neighbours line!!  Still BT got openreach out quickly and we were back on in a few days.

Finally I tried again to switch to NOWtv and all went smoothly.  We even got a speed upgrade.  So I'm happy with NOWtv but still fed up with BT and Openreach.  

It is a farce that Openreach is supposed to be independent of BT but yet they refuse to do anything for us unless it's through the telecom companies (especially BT).

I really feel for you, so good luck and possibly try your old supplier too as they may still effectively have your account with openreach.