cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband - switch from Virgin

I have my hub and engineer visit tomorrow but I've had no reply from customer services when I filled out the contact form on the website. I've tried the live chat but I'm still waiting to be transferred to an agent 35 minutes later...

This is not a good start to my NOW TV experience.

My questions is will NOW TV contact my current provider, Virgin, to advise the switch? I'd assumed this to be the case as this is what happens when you switch energy companies.

I've had no indication from Virgin that know I'm intending to leave them. 

What are NOW TV's responsibilities here and why haven't they bothered to reply to customer contact form submission and why do they not seem to have a phone number to call for struggling customers?

Poor experience and am considering cancelling the service altogether.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope, according to this help article you need to contact Virgin yourself.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband

Abstract taken from article.

If you’re joining NOW Broadband from BT, EE, TalkTalk, Plusnet or any other non-cable provider, you won’t need to cancel with them or let them know you’re leaving - we’ll take care of everything. 

We’ll also make sure the switch goes smoothly, so you’re not without broadband for any period of time.

Switching from Virgin?

If you're switching from Virgin Media, you’ll need to let them know your NOW Broadband activation date so they can cancel your services as close to the activation date as possible.

You can check your activation date in Orders & appointments. If you need an engineer visit and the scheduled time and date don’t work for you, get in touch by phone and we’ll arrange a new appointment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks, that's very helpful. I only wish NOW TV had mentioned this in one of their Welcome emails.