cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tina1
Advocate

Broadband speed

Well had an issue with slow broadband for a few weeks then lost phone line so NOW TV sent out an engineer from open reach who looked into the issue and basically told me the line is knackered and needs replacing but open reach will not replace this as the cost would be around £9000 to dig up the road.

I have a phone line back because he fixed it as best as he could but my broadband speed is currently 17.5 and 4.5 my guaranteed speed is meant to be 27.5 and 5.5 but no matter who I go with unless the cable is replaced I am never gonna get anywhere near this my issue is who is held responsible for replacing the line, Spoken to neighbours and they all have the same issue but we’re not informed that there is a fault with the cable so everybody’s paying for service they’re never gonna receive

41 REPLIES 41
Jayach
Elite 3

I'm giving up now. My crystal ball has broken, so I won't be able to understand what you are replying to.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach wrote:

I'm giving up now. My crystal ball has broken, so I won't be able to understand what you are replying to.

@Jayach 

That’s because you haven’t split the bands, the Now equivalent of casting the runes 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

gavs82008_0-1665557718853.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach wrote:

That's a good excuse. You could of course just admit that you were arguing for the sake of it, even when you were wrong?

Jayach
Elite 3

I wasn't going to reply again, but I don't like to be accused of being wrong.

Can you state, unambiguously, which of my comments are "wrong"?

redchiz1
Champion 2

"FTTP is Ultrafast Fibre, not Superfast Fibre."

Jayach
Elite 3

BT/Openreach would disagree with you, and as Now only use Openreach (but not FTTP yet) they are best placed to define descriptions. Jayach_0-1665678693065.png

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @redchiz1 

Pot, kettle?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

As NOW don't offer FTTP that point about who describes what and how is otiose in this instance, do you not think? 

Jayach
Elite 3

No, I think it is very relevant to this thread.

@RoyB asked the OP if she had FTTP available in her area, but in my opinion, he used the wrong description for it, so I corrected him. 

@RoyB wrote:

@Tina1 

Any prospect of FTTP (Superfast Fibre) where you are? 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

@Jayach wrote:

FTTP is Ultrafast Fibre, not Superfast Fibre.

Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband | Openreach

I didn't want the OP finding she has Superfast fibre available and thinking that was FTTP.

What on Earth that has to do with you, I don't know.

You have made absolutely no useful additions to this thread, you just seem to be trying to find fault with anything I post.

Personally, I don't care, but when it can be confusing to the people I'm trying to help, I find it annoying.