cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband slow

I am meant to be getting up to 76MB download speed but i am only getting 1.5 to 14.0mb

It is causing problems big time. Been like it for 4 days now and not managed to get help getting it sorted out.

When i was with Sky i could phone them and they would sort it out over the phone but i cant do that with Now TV as i have no contact phone numbers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am meant to be getting up to 76MB download speed but i am only getting 1.5 to 14.0mb

It is causing problems big time. Been like it for 4 days now and not managed to get help getting it sorted out.

When i was with Sky i could phone them and they would sort it out over the phone but i cant do that with Now TV as i have no contact phone numbers.

@Anonymous User

Thanks for contacting the forum 🙂

We have sent you a email regarding this so we can look into this further.

Thanks Niamh Nowtv team 😉

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have never had such terrible internet since moving from Sky to Now TV broadband. Literally counting down til our 12 month contract is up as we can now barely use a single device without it freezing and losing connection. Currently got my laptop on a phone hotspot as I can't get on my broadband despite being sat in same room as router. DO NOT MOVE TO NOWTV BROADBAND!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you still got your old Sky Router ?

If so, have you tried the Sky Router in your home setup instead of the NowTV Router, just in case you have a defective router that is encountering wifi problems ?

I know every case is different, but my NowTV Fab Fibre has been stable and excellent since i joined in April, where i haven't noticed any difference in performance moving from BT (apart from more money in my pocket).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My broadband is slow. I am only getting about 1.5mb when I should be getting around 11mb. Its been like this for about a month now. 

Tried contacting now tv but got nothing? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I live in a fairly small one bed flat. Not only is my broadband slow but it doesn’t reach to my bedroom or bathroom which are the two rooms next door to where the box is!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With TalkTalk we received a service of 66mbs, with NowTV we are getting below 10mbs and really thinking of returning to talktalk. WiFi signal strength in our home is also poor!

Any advice or solution, I have moved the router already with little or no improvement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having same issue, meant to be getting 35mbs but getting 10-15mbs for months now. Used to be fine fir more than two years now it is very poor indeed and often no existent!

Can I exit early without going to the ombudsman as I b am simply not getting what I am paying for. Plus there seems to be little no support available (circular chat bot “halo” terrible).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my broadband is massively lagging down to some kind of slow connection I'm struggling to watch constantly buffering videos on YouTube Netflix and prime I have rest my device and turned it off and on again twice will still no luck as I only watch internet tv and have what I believe  at the the time your best package available I'm very unhappy with the service and have found it very difficult to contact now tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi NOW team

My broadband speeds are eye-wateringly slow. The speed is so patch but generally takes about ten seconds to load a Google Search page. I've tried re-setting the box to no avail. Is there someone I can call? I'm supposed to be working from home once a week and I can barely get emails let alone download any files. It's awful! 

Thanks

Jeanne 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi NOW team

My broadband speeds are eye-wateringly slow. The speed is so patch but generally takes about ten seconds to load a Google Search page. I've tried re-setting the box to no avail. Is there someone I can call? I'm supposed to be working from home once a week and I can barely get emails let alone download any files. It's awful! 

Thanks

Jeanne 

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 😉

We have sent you a email regarding this so we can get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone please Helpppp !!

I have switched from Talk Talk as Now TV was offering a better deals on any time calls and broadband so I have switched and my Broadband is awful.

Slow is an under statement !!

I have to wait about 15 seconds to get onto Google and Ebay takes ages... Sometimes it closes the page as the speed is just far too slow.

Makes me wish I stayed with Talk Talk, I would be paying a lot more money but at least I would be able to get online !!!!

Im not happy with the curent service...

Please advise and help needed ASAP please.