cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband slow

I am meant to be getting up to 76MB download speed but i am only getting 1.5 to 14.0mb

It is causing problems big time. Been like it for 4 days now and not managed to get help getting it sorted out.

When i was with Sky i could phone them and they would sort it out over the phone but i cant do that with Now TV as i have no contact phone numbers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am meant to be getting up to 76MB download speed but i am only getting 1.5 to 14.0mb

It is causing problems big time. Been like it for 4 days now and not managed to get help getting it sorted out.

When i was with Sky i could phone them and they would sort it out over the phone but i cant do that with Now TV as i have no contact phone numbers.

@Anonymous User

Thanks for contacting the forum 🙂

We have sent you a email regarding this so we can look into this further.

Thanks Niamh Nowtv team 😉

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/what-is-the-now-tv-combo

Click that link and click bottom button it will show you the number to ring them nowtv combo has phoneline just like sky does
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Thanks for contacting the forum 🙂

We have sent you a email regarding this so we can look into this further.

Thanks Niamh Nowtv team 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

I got a engineer coming tomorrow to sort the issue.

I got the feeling i have been switched to the standard package. Current download speed is 0.5MB

Will miss GamesCom tonight. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To whom it may concern

over the past week my nowtv broadband has been cutting off continuously and running slow?! Why is this happening? How long will it continue to happen? How quickly can it be fixed? 

Regards 

dnicol 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a serious bone to pick with nowtv, i was promised fast, reliable internet. 

Instead, I've ended up worse than having BT internet. And that was BAD. 

I've had terribly slow, bad quality streaming, constant buffering, losing connection. We use our data in our house because the wifi is so useless. 

But our television requires wifi, unfortunately. 

Now I'm getting really fed up now, its just getting worse and worse. 

I'm contemplating of leaving if this isn't rectified swiftly. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  Switched over from Sky to Now TV, going from the Sky Unlimited and upgrading to Now TV fibre with the aim that i could put some of the savings into better fibre broadband.  What a mistake, Now TV broadband has been shocking, slower than Sky and it keeps on going completely or being very slow.  They sent me a new router and no change.

Called them last night and their excuse was that it was because i had 20 devices connected to the internet.  Well considering 4 of these are access points, 5 are Sonos which uses barely any data when not being used, 2 Echo Spots, 2 phones, a PS3 and PS4 (both in standby) and a couple of watches, an ipad and the NowTV Smart Box.  The girl i spoke to obviously has no clue about networking and said that the 50MB i should be get was split between 20 devices!!!  So her argument was that Netflix was cutting out because my dormant sonos speaker was using 2.5MB!!  Shocking service.  To be fair they answered the phone quickly, but then i was cut off twice without warning, and then then i called back she couldn't stop laughing, presumably because the guy next to her was the one i had just spoken to and was making hand gestures or some such.

Its not good when the support staff doesn't even know what an access point does, doesn't know what Sonos is and has no understanding of what she is supposed to be advising me on.  Her solution, to turn off lots of devices that are accessing the internet and to change my wifi channel to channel 6, a solution that i can't see will affect my Smart TV and laptop which are both connected by LAN cables.

Laughable!!  Have done all they suggested and will wait to see if it resolves it, then hopefully cancel and find a better solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and the exact same discussion with their support team and it’s still no better for me, did you make any progress?

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same problem. Im supposed to be getting an average of 63mb/s but ill get about as high as 40mb and as low as 1-10mb. I just recently got it installed and had to get an engineer visit because it was linked to the wrong house. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined on 7th and I have slow speeds as well currently just touching towards 17mbps, but mostly been around 10mbps. I was promised 20to35 mbps.