cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband signal and speed

Has anyone else just taken out new now TV broadband and phone and having issues with poor speed and poor signal from box in home? I have spent over half hr on phone every time when I  call trying to get through and then having spoken to them they said they would call back but never did leaving me stuck with same issues unresolved very poor, can I cancel my contract before I'm stuck in a contract which basically only gives me phone calls which I'm unlikely to use in this day and age 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @ I’ve had it for about a month with no issues, WiFi signal is good also, maybe you have a faulty router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still as is!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've had similar issues. Got a new connection, did a speed check and it was great, now a check reveals its less than 4MBps !

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using the newer Hub 2 NowTV Router see if this makes any improvement in the instructions below.

It may or may not help for you but works for me though i live in a low populated area where there is no loss of bandwidth or high volume of surrounding internet users all clogging up a similar wifi channel.

Might be worth a try where the 2.4 ghz band works better in my home setup & environment.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.