cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skye
Advocate

Broadband signal Issue

I live in a small 2 bedroom flat and can only get a WiFi signal in the lounge. How can I improve the reach to a signal in the other rooms?? 

19 REPLIES 19
redchiz1
Champion 2

You can't improve the reach, but you may be able to improve the connectivity. As a start, try splitting the SSIDs as explained in Step 4 of the help article here. You will doubtless soon be inundated with other expense-laden solutions from other members. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

You can't improve the reach, but you may be able to improve the connectivity. As a start, try splitting the SSIDs as explained in Step 4 of the help article here. You will doubtless soon be inundated with other expense-laden solutions from other members. 

@redchiz1 

@Skye wants to improve the reach. Why are you, by your own admission, proposing something that will not do this?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Yes, splitting the bands is cheap. Too bad it probably won't help.

forestdweller
Scholar

Not particularly "expense-laden" but my solution was the Sky SR203 router available from around £20 on a well known auction site. No setup required and far greater "reach". A number of contributors here have recommended and implemented this as a cost effective solution.

Jayach
Elite 3

Definitely the cheapest/easiest solution @forestdweller 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Hi @Skye have you tried my suggestion yet? Once you have, there are other things that may help.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Beause improving the reach isn't the be all and end all. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

My question stands.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:

Beause improving the reach isn't the be all and end all. 

It is if the device is out of the range of the poor Wi-Fi from the Now router.