cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me37
Advocate

Broadband router not received

I find it incredible that I have still not received my broadband router three weeks after signing on and only three days to go before activation. On my account it says that equipment should have already been here, in time for activation on the day after bank holiday monday. On calling, I was told this is an estimated date, except it is unlikely that I will receive the router now until activation day (tuesday 28th) as it is now the weekend and Monday is a bank holiday. NowTV, you need to get your act together. Deliver the equipment way before the activation date and not on the day). I wish now that I had stayed with BT.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not received my broadband router and my service is due to start on 28/5/2019.

I can see I am not the only one. Contacting now TV seems almost impossible I feel I might have made a mistake 

me37
Advocate

What a joke. I have just received an email telling me that the router has been despatched (on a Sunday). My activation is Tuesday 28th (the day after the bank holiday Monday). What are the chances of getting the router on Monday or Tuesday. I suggest no chance! I have made a big mistake joining this company.

me37
Advocate

Just as I thought; just received an email from Royal Mail to tell me that I won't be receiving the router until the day after activation i.e. Wednesday. This is after customer services told me on Saturday that I will receive it on Monday. This company is good at telling lies.

I am meant to be working from home on Tuesday because I had to install the router, and I won't be at home for the rest of the week, so the rest of the family will have to be without Internet until Saturday.

This company is too incomptent to send the router well before activation date. Sunday before a bank holiday Monday for activation on the Tuesday is not a good day to send things to people.

Now to work out how to claim compensation for paying for Broadband from Tuesday when the router is not coming until Wednesday.

I wonder how many others have had this problem.