cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not working

Hi, my broadband is not working it is coming up with error 16 can anyone help . Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Where are you seeing this error code on ?

Is it on a NOW Broadband Router or from the NOW App on your internet playback device or somewhere else ?

I have come across the error code 16 before on the NOW App on certain NOW playback devices, but not aware of this code on the NOW Router itself.

if it's related to your NOW Broadband, then does the three green lights on the front of the NOW Hub 2 Router stay illuminated ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
##- Please type your reply above this line -#thanks for your reply the
error code was on my tv screen and the middle light on the hub is not
illuminated. Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Double check the wiring on the back of the NOW Hub Router and the wiring into the Master telephone socket and maybe try holding in the reset button on the back of the Hub Router for around 15 seconds.

If the three green lights don't return after about 5 minutes, then you will need to get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team.

Their telephone helpline is closed now at 8pm and opens tomorrow morning from 8am.

Use the number from this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is the same in my case. The issue started this afternoon (Sunday 27th/03).

I lived in two other countries and the British Internet is one of the worst I've ever seen; an expensive garbage from 2005. It is because they want to make money without any effort or investing.

On top of that, they will waste your time with pseudo-solutions when in reality it's their fault. You really need to be patience with these scammers.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Depends where you live. 

My parents live in Spain out in the “sticks” somewhere sunny on the Costa Del Sol and their broadband is utterly shocking average of 2mb. They have had to resort to a unlimited mobile data plan. 
When they asked their local council about fibre they got laughed at. 

And I live in Edinburgh (Scotland) in a new build getting Fibre to the premise getting speeds of 250mb with BT. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is because they want to make money without any effort or investing.

That's not really true, they (Openreach and the AltNets) are spending loads on the FTTP roll out. It will just take time to get to everyone.(at least another 2 years in my case😞)