cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not working well?

hi is anyone having issues with getting wifi access across the whole house? We used to be able to access it everywhere but since this partial lockdown I'm guessing everyone is on the Internet and our speed has slowed down?? I'm not tech savvy as you can tell... How do I sort this? 

8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey AB

Unfortunately, corona has decreed that the Internet will be like traffic, i.e. jammed up at certain times. This will be especially difficult when you have children because the whole nation of children will want to use the Internet at the same time.

Also, some ISPs will undoubtedly introduce broadband shaping (aka throttling/rationing) techniques to insure their systems don't collapse under the pressure.

The only thing you can do is talk to your ISP about your service reduction and they might put it back up again.  In my experience, some ISP's will reduce your service in the hope that you won't notice the drop but when you complain they will put it back up again.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Uk Bob, btw my broadband has been poor prior to the corona outbreak, I have been trying to sort it out since the beginning of Ferbruary!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi RFK

If you are situated in or near an urban area then there should be no acceptable reason why you have, or should put up with, a poor service.

However, if you in a rural area then that's a whole new ball game, I've seen news reports where citizens of a rural area having to get together to organise reasonable Internet reception just for their area.

Nevertheless, I hope your battle for better Internet service is successful.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update for anybody interested...... got my TP link booster from Currys £29.99. Broadband working fine for now sssshhh.

Not had any credit to my account despite numerous emails to the NOW tv team and completing the complaints form, I understand that they are busy and will give them a little more time to acknowledge and respond accordingly........

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you had a response yet? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes on 23rd of April, offered me a refund of what money I paid out but remains to be seen...….

Anonymous User
Not applicable

still not acknowledged refund.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apparently the Now Broadband guarantee is the line speed you receive into the house NOT the coverage that the Hub can cope with within your property!

The solution I was offered was £15 off my next bill to go get a wifi booster, but I can't find a decent one for this price so I ordered one for £30.

I am not happy that I had to do this and I am currently waiting on delivery of this.

I will let you know how I get on with it if you want.

With regards to the customer service, it is a very mixed bag, you get some really helpful ones and others who try to fob you off.