cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not reaching all rooms

Hi, 

We are in a 3 storey house and originally the broadband wasn't reaching the top floor and there was an error with our connection. An engineer was sent out the next day (Thank you!) and it has definitely improved the wifi, we have moved the box to the second floor and it's connected to the main plug, rather than an extension, but still not all rooms are receiving good wifi, meaning we have to disconnect to it, to receive anything on our phones etc - we are on a super fibre broadband plan.

Will we need to now by a booster, or is this something NOWTV will provide?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look at this link for changing the Wi-fi channel to 5GHz which provides a more reliable signal.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried this, after I pressed apply it kicked me out. Now can't connect back to 192.168.0.1 to do same with 5GHz

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a pre-release MIMO Linksys router back in 2000ish then shortly after everything went pro-n & MIMO fizzled out & i was so glad i did because we lived in a 4 story house first sold in 1828 (so really solid!!) & because I worked in networking back then I knew it was probs the only way to get wireless to our room at the very top of the house.

Pro n wouldn't have done it 

So the part relevant to you is they've now reverted back to a variation of this called MU-MIMO and so would solve your problem.

My 20+ yr old router still works so all i've ever done is daisy chain it from my providers router and all devices point to that, so whilst it was an extra cost its still one of my fav purchases, and changing provider or moving home hasn't impacted me getting us up and running quick time.

There are many other methods obviously but if your looking for something robust, simple and reliable then i would recommend you consider this? 

Just thought I'd throw you an alternative solution! Hope you resolve it soon which ever route (sorry bad pun) you take, Cheers Claire

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now routers are poor for WiFi

Invest in a Mesh WiFi like BT Whole Home WiFi AC2600 or similar.