cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jb050
Advocate

Broadband not installedc after months of waiting

Hi,

Our broadband was supposed to be installed on the 6th of October. No one tuned up.

Now have continued to blame Openreach which I, perhaps a bit naively, believed. I've perhaps 15 updates telling me to wait for more updates.

I have been in touch with Openreach and they have completed all work needed for my house, and in face have completed all jobs in the area. There's nothing left for them to do Now still continue to blame Openreach. 

I'm taking this up with the ombudsman as Now have no interest in resolving the issues. Has anyone else had this experience? 

7 REPLIES 7
Jayach
Elite 3

If Openreach have been working in your area, it will probably have been for FTTP (Full Fibre) which Now don't use. Do you already have a BT/Openreach socket in your property?

Jb050
Advocate

I do yes. The last people to love here had Internet with no issues 

Jayach
Elite 3

Then I can't understand what the problem can be.

Have you tried seeing what is available via a comparison site? I like to use MSE.

Compare Best Broadband Deals for December 2022 - MSE (moneysavingexpert.com)

Jb050
Advocate

They have given several reasons why it's happening from replacing wire coatings to upgrading cabinets on roads that don't exist where I live. 

I originally didn't try anyone else as I though it was an issue at open reach, it's been 2 months now though. I don't think they will stick to their compensation scheme either. 

Jayach
Elite 3

It's actually Ofcom's compensation scheme.

Automatic compensation: What you need to know - Ofcom

I do think the problem is that Now only use FTTC, you would possibly have been better going with another ISP, if you are in a full fibre area.

Jb050
Advocate

Good point about the compensation but I'm sure they will argue.

This is not a Full Fiber Area. We are FTTC here 

Thanks for taking the time to reply 

Jayach
Elite 3

@Jb050 wrote:

This is not a Full Fiber Area. We are FTTC here 

I wonder what work Openreach were doing then? They basically ignore the copper now, unless it breaks completely.