cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not installed, go live date 2 Feb. Owed £151.20 in compensation

Hi there, 

I have had no update as promised on 18th February about not having my broadband go live yet. The last text / update from NOW TV that I had was on 14th February at 16:04. 

No Open Reach engineers have visited in the last two weeks. I am without broadband and I work from home every day. I am having to use my phone hotspot and this will incur charges. I would like my auto compensation to go to my bank account rather than 'credit' to my NOW TV account (I have read this is possible) but there is no option to tick this. Please can you arrange this urgently. 

I am at a loss at to what to do. I am now paying monthly for broadband in a rented house that I do not have. I tried ringing Open Reach myself and they assured that it was NOW TV that were supposed to provide me with ongoing updates. 

The first time the engineers visited, I was advised that due to the poles being further away from the house than they realised, it was a two man job. I was told that they would be back imminently but this never happened. I rang the engineer that had visited and he said I would receive it the next week - in line with NOW TV's text to me on 3 February 2022 at 16:50. Someone else visited the week after (on his own, not two men for the job) and said he would possibly need a drone to fly the cable across. Since then I have received nothing. 

I am sorry to have to make this complaint but I cannot continue without internet for any longer. I have given it 1 month now in a newly rented property. I have tried searching for an email or contact number but your website takes me to the forums and asks me if they were helpful - when I click no I do not get given any more information on where to take this issue to. So I am trying on here in the hope that this gets sorted as soon as possible. 

I am even willing to give up the superfibre contract and take a less reliable internet speed. I need internet connection as soon as possible and the auto-compensation arranged. 

Please urgently help me with this issue.

Kind regards

Amy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear the situation your in, however this being a customer to customer forum I am afraid no-one here can sort you out. 

Your best to keep pestering the broadband team (number in my signature below) until its resolved. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear the situation your in, however this being a customer to customer forum I am afraid no-one here can sort you out. 

Your best to keep pestering the broadband team (number in my signature below) until its resolved. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much!

UPDATE: rang the telephone number a user provided in another forum (0330 041 2518) and spoke to Bianca who was very helpful. Looked into BTs systems and said an engineer is due out today to look at the cabinet. Hopefully will be fixed today. Acknowledged that I had not heard anything since 14 February and looked into why. Told me she has escalated the issue to the back office with the time that has elapsed. 

Now waiting for an email with engineer times (unsure if engineer has already come out today?) so we will see.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That user was also me 😛

Seriously though hope that you get up and running soon!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am even willing to give up the superfibre contract and take a less reliable internet speed. I need internet connection as soon as possible and the auto-compensation arranged. 

That wouldn't help as all broadband has to come via the telephone wires. (except, of course mobile or Full Fibre, but that would still require a connection, even if it were available)

Your problem seems to be down to Openreach, which all FTTC suppliers have to work through, but some seem to have greater "pull" with them. (especially those with the same owner (BT))

Did the previous occupants not have broadband?