cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPEAKZY
Advocate

Broadband name +PASSWORD

Hi everyone I wanna find out if its possible to change the WiFi name and password to something more memorable also if its possible to implement my VPN to the WiFi network I currently run serf shark but I've been told router's can be modified  is this allowed  but im just inquiring on this 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SPEAKZY 

You can change your NOW Router SSID Network name and wifi password if you wish by following these instructions below.

Step 1:

Open a new web browser window.

Step 2:

In the address bar, type 192.168.0.1 and press Enter. This will bring up the settings screen for your Hub.

Step 3:

Select the Wireless tab. Enter the username admin and password nowtv (in lowercase) when prompted. If these login details don’t work, you’ll need to reset your Hub.

Step 4:

Enter the new Wi-Fi password and SSID Network name you want to use.

Step 5:

Select Apply to save your new settings.

Step 6:

Reconnect all your devices using your new Wi-Fi password.

With regards to adding a VPN directly onto the NOW Router this can't be done on the NOW Router itself.

You will have to either look at a third party Router that works over the NOW / Sky Broadband service or if your internet conected devices such has PC, smartphone, games console, smart TV etc can support VPN then use the VPN directly on them instead of the NOW Router.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SPEAKZY 

Forgot to mention in the instructions above, that if you have split the 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands on the NOW Router you will have to rename the SSID Network name and wifi password on both wifi bands.

When following the above instructions if you have already split the wifi bands you will see two sub headings saying 2.4ghz wireless settings and 5ghz wireless settings and need to change both.

RoyB
Legend

@SPEAKZY 

I don’t know if you have, or are thinking of having, any of the Now streaming memberships, but these won’t work over a VPN.

So for Now streaming, or for any other apps that decline to operate over a VPN, a VPN implemented in the router would be rather restrictive; so you will probably be better off with a device-based one, even though you may have to implement it on several different devices.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.