cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Username
Mentor

Broadband live date yesterday, still not live

Hi, the date for my broadband to go live was yesterday, I understood it could take up until midnight, however it still is not live now. I only have the power and wifi lights on my hub and on my account it just says “your broadband and calls are still waiting to go live” the date has not changed still states 23rd. It’s really annoying as I have been waiting for this. Any reason why it’s not live yet and when it will happen?

Thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

Try switching the Hub off for a full 30 minutes, if the connection is live this should be enough to give it a kickstart. If it still doesn't work, call the broadband support team on 0800 759 1213.

Username
Mentor

Thank you I’ll give it a try

Username
Mentor

Called twice yesterday to be told just wait until midnight and if it’s not working call back… it’s still not working and I’m struggling to understand why it’s so hard for them to make the phone line live when the date they gave was 23rd? I have no clue how these things work but I’d have thought it’s just a “click of a button” so to speak as I didn’t need an engineer visit and they said it will be done automatically. It’s very frustrating. 

Username
Mentor

Called them again just now, nice guy on the phone explained how it works so it’s not just a click of a button lol. He has escalated to another team to look into and will hopefully have an answer within 72 hours. Annoying it hasn’t gone smoothly but nothing I can do I guess. Just have to hope I have broadband soon. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, keep us posted. Console yourself with the thought that you are entitled to automatic compensation for each day the service provision is late, see here: 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

Username
Mentor

Thank you for letting me know this, as I wasn’t aware. 

Username
Mentor

Just thought I’d give an update, now emailed me today, openreach need to come back and the appointment date available was 11th April, I replied and asked if there was anything sooner as I would be able to be available (I also mentioned about the compensation and asked if this is something I will receive) I have just had a phone call and there is an appointment available on the 30th so the nice lady on the phone has booked it and will check in two days time to see if it’s confirmed and then I will receive an email once it is confirmed. No mention of the compensation but I didn’t bring it up either so not sure if that will happen. Fingers crossed for Thursday and hopefully it will go smoothly this time. Thanks for your replies. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Thanks for the update, keep us posted. The compensation scheme is there in black and white on the website, you are entitled to it. 

Username
Mentor

Hi again, not much of an update but an engineer was supposed to attend this morning 8am-1pm. No one has attended as of yet and still no broadband.