cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband keeps dropping out

I know that the live chat option is now down. Is there anyone I can speak to about my broadband connection that keeps dropping out? When I reset the router it seems to come back, but at times, it can be dropping out every few minutes. Any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is it that you are losing the internet or the wifi drops out on your devices ?

If it's wifi rather than the internet and you have the NowTV Hub 2 Router then you could try this.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it has more to do with losing the internet, as the router will show yellow lights, or the middle one will go off. I have followed your steps anyway to see if there is improvement.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the middle light changes from green to amber / red or goes off on the front of the Router then there is a possible internet connection issue.

I am guessing you have tried plugging all the cables back in between the Router and master BT telephone socket again ?

You may have to phone the NowTV Broadband Team (expect a long wait on the phone).

You should find their telephone number under My Account > Broadband & Calls and click Broadband Plan, then click the arrow below it, then click change my plan where a telephone number should appear on screen to phone. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have similar issues - it is not the wifi as it happens on both wired and wireless connections. It is frustrating, as when it works, it works well. However when it drops out in the middle of a Teams or Zoom meeting it is very irritating! It can happen multiple times a day or not at all so no real pattern to timings either. Can last seconds or a few minutes.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call to see what they can do for you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I know this is an old thread now, but did you get an solution to this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its happening to me too - every few minutes there is a drop in connection which comes back on after a minute or two but then goes again in the next 5-10 mins.

The lights are all green on both the router and the booster I have so I'm guessing its an external issue?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call the broadband team and ask for full investigation including checking the lines that are in the street outside your property all the way back to the exchange. Number is in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks - yeah I may have to. What just happened was the router dropped all the IP addresses and rebuilt them but did not connect the boosters I have. I have to reset the whole thing and reconnect the boosters after giving them a hard reset. Only then are they recognised.