cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband keeps disconnecting

Hi not sure what’s going on but my broadband keeps disconnecting. It does it at least three times per day around 6am then 6:30pm and at other random points during the day. Can you please sort it out as it’s really frustrating 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue since 6th this month. It looses the connection for about 30 seconds and connect back again.

now tv don’t seems to recognise there is an issue.

Is there any update or how did you resolve this issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My “fab fiber” keeps disconnecting, I got in touch with nowtv it they dismissed it and said there logs show it’s only done it once in a month. They went on to say it sounded like a WiFi problem, I’ve since disabled the WiFi on the crap nowtv box and use an Apple AirPort Extreme for WiFi which is much faster and more reliable. It seems to have fixed most of the problems but the internet connection still drops, which it has just done this morning. I refuse to get in touch with nowtv as it’s just a waste of time, I wont be staying with them and I definitely won’t recommend them! They force you to use their own equipment which is just crap.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well after hitting a brick wall with NowTV Customer Services who seem to have a strict testing procedure using only their equipment I have successfully fixed it without their help.. Oh and without their **** equipment!

If anyone wants to use an Apple Airport Extreme and their own modem they can follow the instructions here >> http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-fibre-help/50848-airport-extreme-base-station-sky-fibre...

Its actually quite easy to follow, basically you have to find out your username and password and edit a file like a text document. Your username will end in @skydsl even if you're on NowTV.

Ive not had a single problem since I switched to my own equipment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you got any other wireless / WiFi devices near to the Now router? Cordless phone or similar. We experienced similar issues and once we disconnected our phone the problems stopped