cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sameer
Mentor

Broadband keeps disconnecting. Customer support says everything is fine

My broadband is extremely flakey and unreliable. During my work calls it keeps disconnecting and my calls keep dropping. On using more than 1 device, the speed goes as low as 3mbps. They promised 7mbps on my contract, I rarely get that speed, not even by cable, and surprisingly NOW's speed-test tool shows all is fine. Even the endless communication with customer support was not help as they keep saying that everything is fine on there end. I am extremely disappointed about how unhelpful the customer calls and emails have been in this matter.
Even their engineer said that we wont get the said speed due to my location, yet they wouldn't believe. Any suggestions other than paying fees for terminating the contract?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sameer 

NOW don't have any engineers, they are in fact fully reliant on OpenReach. If I were you ask for full line investigation as far back as the cabinet. 

Assume you've done a factory reset to the router?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Otherwise your well within your right to move to another provider without penalty as your not getting the service your paying for.
That being said you might have the same issue with another provider if it does turn out to be a fault on the line. Unless your lucky enough to get FTTP instead of FTTC which is what NOW can only offer.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sameer
Mentor
Hi Team, I checked with the OpenReach engineer who visited us and he told
me that there are infra limitations at my postcode because of which the
speed limitations are there.

Moreover, I do want to switch to another service provider, but because of
these issues, I would like to go with the wireless broadband services.

I am very frustrated with the service I am getting and is obstructing my
work as I work from home. Please help me exit my contract without the
penalty, which in my opinion is very high and unjust.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sameer 

Sorry to say I don't work for NOW, as stated in my post signature just a fellow customer trying to help.

For you to complain and leave your contract you have to call the broadband team. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/cancelling-my-service

Thinking of cancelling? NOW Broadband Members can call 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412473

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sameer
Mentor
Thank you!
Jayach
Elite 3

@Sameer wrote:

They promised 7mbps on my contract, I rarely get that speed, not even by cable,

Wow, is that on FTTC or are you on Brilliant Broadband, (ADSL)

If the guaranteed speed is 7Mbs, and your sync is below that you can leave penalty free, after giving Now a chance to fix it.

What does the BT/Openreach checker show for your line?

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)