cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband is still not set up

We paid for monthly rolling broadband which was paid on the 22nd of September.. We were given a date for the internet to go live on the 2nd which then got cancelled mysteriously 2 days later on the 4th. And now it was set to go live today and now we find out there is no line to connect our internet from the openreach engineer. Now we have to wait for another engineer to come and set up the line, does anyone know how long this takes or any action we can take as me and my partner work from home and we can't use our hotspots from our phones since the connection is too slow to take calls. PLEASE HELPPP

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Straight Up Well Read

Don't know if you're gonna get any (more) help but try this number:

0800 759 1213

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy Thanks for the advice. Called the number you gave, got an unsympathetic person and no help with the issue.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry Well Read

Right now, I'll have a sympathy drink on your behalf while listening to my favourite slow jams.

Coors Light.jpg

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy have a read of the linked article. You may be entitled to compensation for each day of delay to your new service.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automatic-compensation-need-know

Saint1976
Elite 3

On a side note. I wouldn't trust NowTV to pay the compensation automatically if you are entitled to it. I'd push them to make sure they pay it!!!