cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuartT
Advocate

Broadband down

My broadband appears to be down. It started with being unable to get Internet on phones and now it is not there at all and the orange 'internet' light is lit on the router. I went through the online checks, they failed and they said to call. I called and there is an automated message saying there is a known problem currently and to go to the forum for the latest information. Here I am but I can't find any information. Am I having a senior moment? Is there somewhere specific I should look?

Thanks

Stuart

5 REPLIES 5
Jayach
Elite 3

@StuartT wrote:

I went through the online checks, they failed and they said to call. I called and there is an automated message saying there is a known problem currently and to go to the forum for the latest information. Here I am but I can't find any information.

Goodness knows why they give that message, nobody here will have any more information than you do.

RoyB
Legend

@StuartT 

The least crap thing I can find to help you is Downdetector. The web service rather than the app, which is completely crap for use in the UK.

Type in Now, navigate all the guff, and see if you can find anything of use; though like many similar services, it seems insufficiently able to clearly distinguish between Now the streaming service and Now Broadband 😢 :-

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/now-tv/

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
StuartT
Advocate

@RoyB thanks for the response. Downdetector is not showing anything so I called NowTV again and spoke to someone who confirmed there is a wider problem in the area I live (South Reading) and that it has been escalated to Openreach but might take 3 days to fix. As I explained to the guy on the phone, it is very frustrating not being able to self help to look up the status of known problems. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J 

Another broadband automated message telling customers to come to the forum. Thought this was stopped? As there is nothing we can do on here apart from telling them to call the broadband team. So it’s a complete waste of their time and also our time.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

As there are no reps , or CS from NOW on here then therss not much that can be done with serious faults.

The only thing that you can do is to look to see if you can see a fault, such as a damaged overhead line, or other infrastructure , damaged street cabinet or other obvious fault with the openreach network.

If you can see something that looks like it could be dangerous over head wire hanging off, damaged pole for example , or present a hazzard - damaged street cabinet/cabinet with door open with cables exposed that could present a hazzard the its possible to report this to openreach for a quick fix