cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puffin
Advocate

Broadband down: Stafford

Broadband went down at approximately midnight Saturday 4th Feb in the Stafford area. It is now nearly midday Sunday 5th Feb. Despite having gone through the 'checks' which perhaps would have some validity when someone is seeing it up from scratch, nothing has changed, moved, or morphed into something else!

I, like everyone else, actually need to use the internet for what is important to me. I'm a student so I need to be able to use the facilities that are only available to me online. In also disabled so the internet has many others used.

All of this is irrelevant though. We pay for this 'service' therefore when it goes down your very poor web UI telling me that despite the router, cables and filter being less than a year old the issue could be one of these. The implication being it is something I should resolve. 

The checks carried out are simple continuity checks. The box cannot handshake with presumably Now's server. This is not something that I can possibly help to fix.

Please, someone in Now whistleblow as to the lack of staff, cheapest contract ui writers and the lack of field staff. These are the reasons we see outages, this is why we spend our money to receive a poor service.

In the meantime, please, get the service for the Stafford area up again.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

NOW don't have any field staff, all network outages require the attention of Openreach. The best you can do is contact the support team who should at least be able to advise you of progress. Call 0330 041 2518.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

NOW don't have any field staff, all network outages require the attention of Openreach. The best you can do is contact the support team who should at least be able to advise you of progress. Call 0330 041 2518.

Puffin
Advocate

Hi there. Sure, Now TV don't have any one directly employed by then. We pay them to ensure the service they purport to offer can be supported.

Any outage for an always on system is not desirable but 12 hours is taking the Mick.

Thanks for the number. All the best and enjoy your Sunday 👋

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Puffin 

Regardless of it taking the mick or not the company is fully reliant on OpenReach. Much like the majority of other providers.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help