cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband availability checker incorrect

Hi, I'm about to move house into a new address and was looking through broadband providers and settled on now TV. I had everything set up and decided to finalise the account the next day as it was late. Now when I go to look at the address the service is suddenly unavailable in my area. This doesn't make sense for 3 reasons:

1) You could yesterday so why not today?

2) You can still provide a service to every flat in the building and literally every other address with the postcode (the entire street).

3) Every other ISP still seems to have no issue in providing broadband.

Now I know I can't get fibre there (quite how that's possible in the middle of Brighton is another story), but this isn't cable where some flats can get it and others can't. I've spoken to live chat but they basically seem to think they can't do anything if it shows as unavailable which seems silly as there is simply no way that is true (if Sky, BT, Plusnet, zen, you name it can...). Please let me know what I can do as I don't particularly want to go to another provider as I like the flexibility of a one month contract.

Thanks,

Alex

Edit: I believe the current tenant just left which presumably disconnected the line. I cannot imagine why this would be an issue though...

4 REPLIES 4
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I'm about to move house into a new address and was looking through broadband providers and settled on now TV. I had everything set up and decided to finalise the account the next day as it was late. Now when I go to look at the address the service is suddenly unavailable in my area. This doesn't make sense for 3 reasons:

1) You could yesterday so why not today?

2) You can still provide a service to every flat in the building and literally every other address with the postcode (the entire street).

3) Every other ISP still seems to have no issue in providing broadband.

Now I know I can't get fibre there (quite how that's possible in the middle of Brighton is another story), but this isn't cable where some flats can get it and others can't. I've spoken to live chat but they basically seem to think they can't do anything if it shows as unavailable which seems silly as there is simply no way that is true (if Sky, BT, Plusnet, zen, you name it can...). Please let me know what I can do as I don't particularly want to go to another provider as I like the flexibility of a one month contract.

Thanks,

Alex

Edit: I believe the current tenant just left which presumably disconnected the line. I cannot imagine why this would be an issue though...

@Anonymous User I'll send you a PM now and we can look into it sure 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was supposed to be switched on 1 week ago. No contact no one answering phones and now very very frustrated. 

Can someone please tell me where everyone is for NOWTV and how I get this sorted. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I was supposed to be switched on 1 week ago. No contact no one answering phones and now very very frustrated. 

Can someone please tell me where everyone is for NOWTV and how I get this sorted. 

@Anonymous User I can't seem to find an account. Can you please PM me your postcode?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nn16 8ab

awful service.