cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband and phone go live date has passed but I've not been switched...

My go live date was yesterday, I've received the router and do not need an engineer visit, the order status says:

Broadband and phone go live
No engineer visit needed
25 Mar

Your broadband and phone will be up and running anytime before midnight on 25 Mar.

You don't need to do anything or even be at home - it'll all happen automatically.

So this never happened and live chat is down, my now package says I have brilliant broadband but I still seem to be connected to my old ISP (funnily enough, SKY) which I imagine will be cut off shortly, please can my order be looked in to asap if there are customer service representatives here as I was informed earlier this week the switch would be done remotely without issueon the day.

Furthermore I am a 62 year old carer who needs my phone line and broadband for daily communications with work and my childrentoo who can't visit me due to the nature of my job and the government guidelines.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say you can see the Sky wifi network on your internet playback devices is that when the Sky Router is hooked up to the telephone line or the new NowTV Hub Router ?

Where i am assuming you have the NowTV Hub Router now hooked up to your telephone master BT socket ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

How do you know that the switch over hasn't happened between Sky to NowTV where they use the same internet service and both Sky Routers & NowTV Routers are interchangeable on the same telephone line so you might only notice a short disruption to your internet.

It could be possible that under My Account > Orders & Appointments whilst logged in on here with your NowTV Broadband account the live date which normally changes from a blue status to green to say the internet is live is slow to update on the NowTV computer system where i have seen this happen in the past first hand.

Though after a couple of hours the status changed from blue to green with a couple of hours lag between the internet actually going live to it showing live on the NowTV account i setup for a familiar member..

Also if you can log into your previous Sky Broadband Account would does it show ?

If you can't get in touch with NowTV what about Sky ?

Maybe if the NowTV account doesn't update shortly to show the green live status and there was a problem with the switch over Sky & NowTV decided in the short-term to temporary leave the internet on the Sky Service active until the switch could be completed without leaving you with no internet or phone in these uncertain times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky account shows that the sky talk cancellation and switch has been completed but the broadband is now set for today rather than yesterday.

Now TV account still saying go live date is yesterday but they have switched my payment date from yesterday to today.

I'm aware that I can use the same router however I'm still connected to the same sky network, WiFi shows my sky network is there but the now TV network isn't so the switch hasn't happened.

Shouldn't this be straightforward? As I said I spoke to someone before we went into lockdown and was told this would be done seamlessly without issue as it's done remotely.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say you can see the Sky wifi network on your internet playback devices is that when the Sky Router is hooked up to the telephone line or the new NowTV Hub Router ?

Where i am assuming you have the NowTV Hub Router now hooked up to your telephone master BT socket ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Thank you.

We learn something new every day, even at my old age 😀

So due to the order & appointments tab on my now account I've been waiting for the switch before connecting my new kit as it says to do however that's what's confused me. I've been informed the switch has happened but due to still having the sky router plugged in that's the router ID what's showing, I still thought I'd have to find the now tv network as I didn't realise it was router related.

Thanks so much for your replies and help schnapps.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you got it sorted 👍.

Keep your Sky Router has a spare back up in the cupboard or draw just in case the NowTV Hub Router is trouble some or develops a fault.