cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband activation

Activation date is today and earlier I clicked onto tech support and it said overdue bill I had no over due bill I then spoke to someone on live they said it’s nothing and it would activate still any time before 12 I clicked on it again and now it’s saying it cant tell me service update as a visit is being gone booked or a new hub os coming but I already have a fully working hub and never needed a engineer visit they told me any one no what’s going on also can’t get onto live chat as it’s busy 

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Firstly i would ignore the over due bill warning message when doing a Technical Check on your account, where i had the same problem before my live activation broadband date, where the message disappears in a few days time.

The overdue payment message didn't effect my scheduled live broadband activation date.

When you go to My Account > Orders & Appointments what does it say under live activation date and does it say self install or engineer required ?

Here's a screenshot of the message that i was getting.

nowtv service check.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes was saying that this morning now it’s saying I can’t check the service due to something being ordered like a hub or being booked like an engineer and broadband still hasn’t come on nothings being ordered as the hub came weeks ago and I was told no engineer visit was needed 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Says this on the actual order bit

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Says this on the actual order bit

Hi @Anonymous User

All that screenshot grab is saying is that your scheduled live switch on broadband date is today the 22nd and no need for an engineer (which is quite normal, where i had the same message before the switch on of my broadband with them).

Once the broadband goes live the page will update, where the colour will change from blue to green to reflect you have gone live.

You might have to wait until midnight tonight to see if you broadband does eventually go live.

Maybe phone the nowtv broadband team first thing in the morning if you still haven't got any internet.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Even though the screen grab that you posted says don't install your Hub Router yet.

There is no harm plugging in and powering up the NowTV Router, if you haven't already.

Once you see the permanent three green lights on the front of the router, you then know that the internet is live and ready to use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now it’s saying I have to ring them in the morning on the technical check bit it’s stressful they’ve had 2 whole weeks to see everything’s right I don’t have much hope it will come on tonight
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You could try a reboot on the Hub 2 router by switching off the power for 30 secs to see if the three green lights remain switched on the front of the router to see if the internet goes live.

Otherwise the only thing i would suggest is too phone the nowtv broadband team for an update on what's happening with your live activation date.

You will find their telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments by clicking on the drop down arrow below live date.