cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband activation delay

Hi,

My broadband was due to go live yesterday (9th August). The line still hasn't gone live, and talking to support I have been told there has been 'a delay' and that I will be contacted within 72 hours.

Why do I have to wait 72 hours! This is a big problem for me, I work from home and rely heavily on internet access. BT have stopped providing me internet access as the switch-over date has passed. I already had a fibre connection so there should be no issues in switching it over. I have read on the forums that some people have waited a further three-weeks for their internet access! Surely there is some legal action we can take if this is the case? If people were left without gas or electricity for three weeks there definitely would!

Please let me know what further action I can take. Can I speak directly to the 'teir 2' group or do I really have to wait 72 hours for them to even contact me. I would like this issue addressed as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Paul (A very dissatisfied customer) 

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem.

My broadband was due to be activated on the 3rd on August. Nothing happened and I wasnt contacted so I contacted NowTV. They told me their engineer had reported back a fault and that there was a problem with Openreach. After a couple of days I got an email saying that a wire has been allocated to Openreach and it will be sorted by the 9th. On the 9th i was told an Openreach engineer has not been allocated to the job and that I will get an update on teh 15th. I complained and was told that they will upgrade it to a tier 2 problem I will be contacted with 72 hours. It is now 100 hours since then. More Lies. 

I know its not their fault but why do they feel they can get away with lieing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same situation with me. I know someone in Openreach who checked my line and said that the service provider (NowTV) never put in an order for provision of a new line and therefore I have no service.

Not doing the bare essentials is a poor business model. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Same situation with me. I know someone in Openreach who checked my line and said that the service provider (NowTV) never put in an order for provision of a new line and therefore I have no service.

Not doing the bare essentials is a poor business model. 

Hi @Anonymous User I've just chedk the line and your Broadband should be 100% up and running right now. We did send the complete order to Openreach on the 30th of July and Openreach did not push the voice service activation yesterday causing a dely. Can you confrim that your broadband is up and running?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
and mine ?

AH
--
Allon Hill Managing Director
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes my line is up and running and working fine now. 

I was annoyed in the live chat when my suggestion of compensation for delayed provision was met with much resistance.

When are companies going to learn that downtime affects domestic customers, I work from home and my primary source of entertainment is on demand services. 

Anyway, issue is resolved now, its hardly the start I wished for in a 12 month contract. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same situation here.  Was meant to go live yesterday (14/08/18).  Old broadband stopped working about 5pm.  NowTV still not working yet.  Live chat with support gave the same spiel about escalating to tier2 and waiting 72 hours.  Not acceptable.  I have changed broadband suppliers plenty of times and never had more than an hour or two in between switches.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue. My broadband was supposed to go live by midnight 13/08/18 but has still not been connected. The website tells me that my service is up and running and my first payment has been taken!

It is extremely frustrating not being able to contact NowTv in any tangible way. I have emailed and was told I would receive a response within 24 hours (which I did not and still haven't) and have tried multiple time to use Live Chat only to be told that an agent is not available. 

I am paying for a service that I am currently not receiving and I would like this resolved as soon as possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue today, our broadband was meant to go live last night and still nothing. The router is plugged in and everything is connected, I've been through the troubleshooting pages and done the online technical check and it says it can't be resolved and I need to call them. Have now been on hold for 40 minutes.

I am due to pay today which I will refuse to do if this isn't fixed in the next 24 hours. Is there anything I can do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Stay on hold, although don’t hold your breath on the lack of technical
staff available.

You can at least tell them not to take the payment, of which I had to get
them to refund from 2 weeks back… oh, and by the way, still not
activated,,!!

I may as well of agreed to the Broadband, received the router, then plugged
it in to my tent in the middle of a field, and NOWTV would be none the
wiser of what is going on..

Terrible, oh, and owned by SKY TV.. embarrasing.

Good luck buddy.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wanted to shout up "me too!" - my activation date was Wednesday and I still no connection.  Spoke to a young chap on the phone yesterday evening after a lengthy delay and he said he will need to arrange another engineer visit. 

The engineer, when he left following the original visit on Wednesday, told me that all was fine with according to his testing devices, and if there was no connection in a couple of hours to contact the ISP.  I half expect him to tell me the same again when he returns.

Not sure anyone else has been told similar, just seeing the number of other people affected by what seems to be a very similar issue, I can't help but think it would be quite the coincidence if all of us, dotted around the country, were affected by such errors by the engineer.