cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband activation delay

Hi,

My broadband was due to go live yesterday (9th August). The line still hasn't gone live, and talking to support I have been told there has been 'a delay' and that I will be contacted within 72 hours.

Why do I have to wait 72 hours! This is a big problem for me, I work from home and rely heavily on internet access. BT have stopped providing me internet access as the switch-over date has passed. I already had a fibre connection so there should be no issues in switching it over. I have read on the forums that some people have waited a further three-weeks for their internet access! Surely there is some legal action we can take if this is the case? If people were left without gas or electricity for three weeks there definitely would!

Please let me know what further action I can take. Can I speak directly to the 'teir 2' group or do I really have to wait 72 hours for them to even contact me. I would like this issue addressed as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Paul (A very dissatisfied customer) 

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User]

Hi Paul, apologies on this there does seem to be an issue provisioning your line, we have no updates on what this could be as of yet, we are waiting on Openreach to investigate this, as soon as we have an update we will update you via email accordingly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. Mis-sold and will contact onbudsman. A terrible service. I have to go to other people’s houses to do my work. 

How embarrassing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Broadband was supposed to go live on 13th, received an email pushing this to 16th. Today, still no broadband! I've been on hold both on live chat and phone for what feels like forever. Terrible service!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had the same problem - my activation date was ‘by Midnight in the 18th August. I’m still having to use my neighbours WiFi! Someone update me on what’s going on please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

###### service i have exactly same problem. After activation date stil no working.###### ###### ######. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I’ve had the same problem - my activation date was ‘by Midnight in the 18th August. I’m still having to use my neighbours WiFi! Someone update me on what’s going on please.

###### service i have exactly same problem. After activation date stil no working.###### ###### ######. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

shiit service i have exactly same problem. After activation date stil no working.shiit shiet ######

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After complaint and visit engineer from BT everything work good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Work from home and need my connection. 

Have spoke to someone twice today and been told the same open reach will contact me 

I switched from sky to now tv so I don’t see why it couldn’t be a simple switch over 

my live date was yesterday. 

Titally not impressed at the moment with the service.